Yellow Bus service, which is provided by Southland Transportation, is available to most Elementary students not within walking distance. The preferred method of transportation for Division III & IV students is ETS. All bus fees are due at the beginning of the school year.
- Paid in full by the end of September.
- A specific pass will be available for the annual yellow pass. For ETS, a new pass needs to be given out each month.
EDMONTON TRANSIT PASSES
- Valid for unlimited travel on Edmonton Transit. Students must be enrolled in either an Edmonton Public School.
- Replacement passes are available at the school which the student is registered or through the ETS Customer Information Office at Churchill LRT station (99 Street and 102A Avenue) or the ETS Online Store.
- Mutilated passes will be replaced at no charge if the student turns in an identifiable remnant. The mutilated pass must be returned by the school to Financial Services.
Edmonton Transit - Monthly bus passes are sold in the office on the last two and first two days of each month. Annual passes will be available and must be purchased in September. Bus passes may be purchased by cheque (made payable to Academy at King Edward) or by cash. Students are reminded that bus passes are non-transferable and are not to be loaned to other students. Lost or stolen bus passes are replaceable and new passes must be purchased at a set fee from the ETS office downtown.
Dropping Off Students at Our Elementary/Junior High Site
For the safety of all the children of the Academy, we would like to request that parents NOT drop off or pick up children at the front of the school.
We would also like to suggest that parents NOT drop their children off in the bus zone which is on the south side of the school. This side of the building needs to be free of cars from 8:15-8:50 a.m. and again at the end of the day from 2:55-3:25 to facilitate easy pick-up and drop off of the numerous students who ride the yellow school busses.
The safest place to drop off is the north side of the building on the street as there is an access point for students to go directly on to the playground where there are supervisors.
PLEASE use caution and consideration when dropping off or picking up students!